Okay, it may be late on a Friday, but I wouldn’t let you down. Most Fridays, anyway. It being February and past the holier-than-thou diet month of January, I think we can loosen up a little on the healthy stuff, plus I hear there is a big game this weekend. While I’m not a football fan myself, I will be hosting my 13th or so Superbowl party on Sunday. And lucky me, one of my guests is bringing something along these lines. Mmmm.
This, my friends, is luscious, hot, cheesy artichoke dip from Minneapolis’ famed Brit’s Pub. I say that like I’ve been there—this recipe comes to me from a dear friend (from Minnesota) who became more more dear to me when she made this and brought this in to work one day. (Thanks, Karen!) Heaven.
Try this one out on Sunday. It will be a score for sure.
Brit’s Pub Artichoke Dip
3 14-oz cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped 8 oz cream cheese
8 oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 cup diced tomato
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Sliced sourdough bread or hearty crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Chop artichoke hearts and squeeze any excess water from the spinach.
3. Combine chopped artichokes, cream cheese, spinach, cheddar, mozzarella, onions, mayo, dijon mustard and salt.
4. Pour mixture into a oven-safe casserole dish. Smooth the surface.
5. Bake 45-60 minutes, or until the dip is bubbling and browned on the surface.
6. Garnish with tomato and/or shredded Parmesan. Serve hot. Makes 5 cups of dip.
TOMMOROW—part two of double dipping—Texas Caviar! Another great dip recipe suitable for Superbowl Sunday and most other days of the year.
GOAL!!!!!!! Or something like that.